Fingeret Psychology Services offers support and education to patients, healthcare professionals, and healthcare organizations to enhance the care of cancer survivors struggling with body image changes.
Regardless of whether body image changes are temporary or long-lasting they can lead to difficulties with social, behavioral, and emotional aspects of health.
Body image issues for cancer survivors include concerns related to disfigurement, hair loss, lymphedema, weight changes as well as functional changes to speech, swallowing, bowel and bladder, sexuality, loss of limb, and much more.
Helping You Help Your Patients
Each clinical encounter offers opportunities for counseling, support, and education to help cancer survivors better manage and cope with body image changes.
Please note: Fingeret Psychology Services currently does not provide individual therapy to cancer survivors. If you are looking for a therapist specializing in psychosocial care for cancer survivors, please feel free to contact me and I will provide resources and a local referral where possible.
Who I Help
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
- Other Allied Healthcare Practitioners
- Healthcare Facilities and more
Speaking services sample topics:
- Best Practices for Assessment and Treatment of Body Image in Cancer Survivors
- Facing Body Image Concerns During Cancer Survivorship: Learning to Accept the Changes
- Enhancing Psychosocial Care for Patients with Disfiguring Medical Conditions
- Cancer Patients and Body Image: Tips to Facilitate Psychosocial Care by Mid-Level Providers
- Building a Patient-Centered Program to Treat Distress Associated with Cancer-Related Disfigurement
- Learning to Cope with Battle Scars and Body Image Changes Resulting from Cancer
- Body Image and Cancer: Customizing a Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Body Image: A Critical Psychosocial Issue in the Oncology Setting
- Body Image Concerns: A Normal Part of the Cancer Experience
- Learning to Love Your Body: Tips and Strategies to Help you Achieve a More Healthy Body Image
- Managing the Psychosocial and Functional Difficulties of Patients with Head and Neck Cancer: A Discussion of Difficult Cases
- Coping with Body Image and Cancer as a Young Adult
- Addressing Body Image Struggles as Part of Breast Cancer Care: Best Practices for Assessment and Treatment
- Gaining Greater Body Image Acceptance When Living with Dysphagia: Practical Tips and Strategies
- Facing Disfigurement: Understanding of Body Image Adaptation Following Surgical Treatment for Head and Neck Cancer
- Understanding of Body Image Adaptation Following Surgical Treatment for Breast Cancer